I hinted in my “blog rules”, that I was going to drop my opinion on changing of view on topics or “flip flopping”. Since we are getting into the full presidential election calendar, now is as good of time as any to address this topic.
We are human…. Since when can we not change our opinions or beliefs? If you tell a child that Santa Claus is real year after year, until the discover the truth via a third party, the child will flip his/her belief based on the new facts that have been learned. Why is it that life events, new information or further education related to important issues not allow us to change our minds on topics, as adults? You might wanna say…”the Santa story is not the same or as important as political stances”…. tell that to the child who just found out the people they trust most has lied to them all their life!
During the 2004 presidential race I think the term “flip flopping” became an issue that was addressed by the main stream media more then the war, economy or any other platform topic that was important. Again in 2008 we focused on past statements/beliefs of a candidate vs. there current. This issue of being a “flip flopper” became a reason not to vote for a certain and maybe the best candidate.
A big topic that politicians can not flip flopping on is abortion. *Let me put my stance on this topic out on the table… I’m pro-life unless in extreme circumstances…. but that debate is not for this post!* We have politicians that have been in the pubic light for way to many years (another topic), and at the time he/she may have taken a “right to choose” stance. Since that time much have come from science to suggest when a life becomes a life… so that politician decides to change his/her stance. Why is it that this change in opinion becomes a bigger issue the the issue itself?
Instead of jumping on someone for “flip flopping”, maybe It’s time we look at the original topics in question, re-educate ourselves on them topics and maybe even change our stance if new evidence warrent…. Rather then tear a man/women down for doing there due diligence and forming an educated opinion!
This political season make your county a promise that you will not get caught up in the bs mud slinging, research the candidates, the topics, and the platforms and vote for the right candidate…. Not whom the media has propped up the most or who your family or union has told you is the “best” candidate for their cause!
Welcome to my blog…. Its time for me to speak my mind… scary, I know!
So what am I going to say??? Well I plan to speak my mind about any topic that I feel is relevent at the time…. Nothing will be off limits…. and I mean NOTHING! I plan to have fun with this but be bluntly honest based on my opinions on a given topic!
I hope you comment on my posts, and since I plan to say anything, no matter whom it might offend…. Please feel free to do the same with your comments!
I have a “Rules of my Blog” page, but I figured I better post them on the front page also, just to clear myself for the future….Soooo……Please see the rules I plan to follow below…. Cause this is the only warning you will get!
1. You may agree with my stance….you might not! Oh Ya…. I dont care!
2. You may find what I have to say as funny, sad, politically incorrect, and/or offensive….. My guess at sometime, feelings will be hurt! Yup…Not Concerned!
3. I reserve the right to get dive into topics that include political, religious, racial, sexist, and others…. At times I may come off as a raciest, bigit, anti-religious, govenment hating, womenizing, or any other label you can create, person. I am none of these things… I find myself to be a realist, and blunt with my feelings and plan to put them out there.
4. Please if you don’t have balls or a really thick puss…. don’t read…. Cause my intention is to rant…. what I post may or may not make sense and might or might not be 100% proven fact!
5. These are all my opinions… your feel to have yours… let me have mine! I have the right to change my opinions, and you might find that I will from one post to an other in the history of this blog…. We are human, we can do that (Blog post topic alert…. coming soon)!
6. If you are my friend now, and you decided that one of my opinions sits wrong with you…. and you no longer want to be friends…. then more then likely you really wernt a true friend, because my true friends know I talk out my ass…. and what I rant does not mean I am pointing at you specifily… I rant about larger picture things, not specific people…. that is unless I throw your name out there!
7. There are no other rules, other then everything is fair game!!
ENJOY, comment and check back often!